Saturday, July 6, 2013

Brazil - Day 5

We arrived at the church a little earlier to hear Iracy's story.  I will be publishing separate entries on her story as it is the stuff we watch on the silver screen.  I don't know when or if it will ever leave my memory.  

Another good day was had at VBS. We let the older kids play soccer the whole time.  What a joy to watch them smile, laugh, and celebrate.  




In the evening we went to a churrascaria (Brazilian Steakhouse).  If you like meat, this is your place to go, and in the words of Dave Santos, we packed it in till it hurt. 

After experiencing this the last time I was in Brazil, I tried to find them in the U.S.  Their popularity has grown over the years and you can typically find a few in most metro areas, but.....not with the complete assortment of traditional Brazilian selections. Chicken heart and brahma bull hump are a couple items that don't make it to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment