Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Brazil Day 1

My family and I are spending some time in Brazil working with our dear missionary friends, Dave and Jan Santos. I will be blogging as much as possible over the next week. Enjoy!!!

Our trip here wasn't as easy as you'd expect. We dealt with flight delays, missing a connection, spending an unexpected night in Atlanta, and losing our two checked bags. The aggravation has been a significant test on our attitudes and outlook.  I've been surprised at how these inconveniences have easily "pushed my buttons".  Our boys have kept my attitude from getting worse.  The wonder they find in the little things has given me more smiles and laughs than I can count.  

The lesson I'm continuing to learn is to keep my outlook a bit more simple.  Don't get held back by the complication.  Instead embrace the little, simple successes.  You ought to see how excited they get when we take off in a plane.  I don't get that excited....and maybe I should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment