Friday, July 5, 2013

Brazil - Day 4

I
We spent some time in the morning listening to Jan Santos' story.  It was encouraging as I noticed my wife had some of the same feelings on a smaller level when we moved to Georgia years ago.  

We had another great afternoon at VBS.  Our boys LOVE playing with the other kids. 




In the evening, we ventured out to a local mall.  Everyone was challenged to go in groups of four and find a place to eat dinner.  We were not allowed to choose any American restaurants either.  I'm typically more adventurous with food when I travel, but it was totally different having my family with me.  We had loaded, baked potatoes and gelato - not too bad. 

After dinner we wandered the mall looking at soccer jerseys, toys, and books.  Our youngest son bought a book for a friend of his in school whose mother is from Brazil.  She'll love reading "Cinderella" to her daughter in Portuguese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment