In 2013, my wife and I celebrated 15 years together, my oldest son turned 13, my family and I ministered to children in Brazil, and after a successful career in the marketplace, I left it behind to become an executive pastor moving our family to NC. What a year! It's a good practice to look back in order to dream ahead, so here goes.
- Deep relationships can be made with anyone on any continent if you:
- Connect Deeply
- Communicate Consistently
- Embrace their Culture Respectfully
- If you identify your purpose/calling, regardless of how long it takes to get there, it will never leave you
- No matter how crazy the calling, God gives inexplicable peace when it's time to take the plunge
- Lasting joy happens when your heart, life, and work are aligned with your purpose
- Simplicity is one of the greatest tools for success
- Struggles add texture to our story
- Authenticity is a leader's greatest commodity
- Daily disciplines yield lifelong results
- You can never underestimate the importance of your relationship with you children - start early and invest often.
- Great marriages are built on overcoming great obstacles...together.
- Surround your children with smart people and they will become smart people.
There you have it. A year of significant life change and growth. Thanks to everyone who made 2013 amazing!