Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - Reflecting on A Year of Learning

At the end of each year, I like to think over the past 12 months about what I learned, how I grew, and where God showed up. 

In 2013, my wife and I celebrated 15 years together, my oldest son turned 13, my family and I ministered to children in Brazil, and after a successful career in the marketplace, I left it behind to become an executive pastor moving our family to NC. What a year! It's a good practice to look back in order to dream ahead, so here goes.

  • Deep relationships can be made with anyone on any continent if you: 
    • Connect Deeply
    • Communicate Consistently
    • Embrace their Culture Respectfully
  • If you identify your purpose/calling, regardless of how long it takes to get there, it will never leave you
  • No matter how crazy the calling, God gives inexplicable peace when it's time to take the plunge
  • Lasting joy happens when your heart, life, and work are aligned with your purpose
  • Simplicity is one of the greatest tools for success 
  • Struggles add texture to our story
  • Authenticity is a leader's greatest commodity
  • Daily disciplines yield lifelong results
  • You can never underestimate the importance of your relationship with you children - start early and invest often. 
  • Great marriages are built on overcoming great obstacles...together.  
**BONUS**
  • Surround your children with smart people and they will become smart people. 
There you have it. A year of significant life change and growth. Thanks to everyone who made 2013 amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment