Thursday, March 17, 2011

When Hard Things Choose You

Life is full of tough decisions and hard times. I'm not talking about those which make you feel a tad bit uncomfortable. But more so the kind that tear your heart out and make you want to stay in bed the rest of your life. We typically deal with those a few times in our existence, and guess what? Most of the time they are centered on your personal life - not business. These issues suck the life out of you down to the core. I label it "When Hard Things Choose You".




Don't you wish this was like picking teams in elementary school? I would give my right arm to be chosen last. Unfortunately you can't escape it. It's interesting that while I write this, my iPod picked "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles. Weird....I digress.



I am living this right now. I HATE it, but I can't run away. Instead I need to stand and fight while keeping my wits about me.



The only hope I have is in the God who created me and is still crazy-in-love with me. He's read the book of my life already. I am so happy that He's the great comforter, and that I don't have to be alone. Coldplay's "Fix You" is now rocking...how does this happen ?



Whatever you may be going through has already been planned by our great God. Let's rest in Him together.

2 comments:

  1. Well stated, David. It's that peace and rest we receive when we focus on Him instead of trying to fix it ourselves, figure it out ourselves, stress and worry about it. These are things that hold us back. Our Lord wants to promote us. We receive this by surrending to Him and receiving His peace. Since He already knows our story, then He knows the reason. This is now our opportunity to think and see things differently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete